These are the descendants of Miles and Alice Hovey Moore, our grandparents in common.
Miles and Helen
circa 1942
If I remember correctly, I think Aunt Helen told me that Gram knit the sweater in this photo.
Miles and Alice Hovey Moore had two children:
Donald Malcolm, born 9 December 1922, died 4 June 2005
Helen Frances, born 6 February 1929.
Alice and Donald
circa 1923
Donald married Mary Margaret Holmes (Marg) in 1949. She was born 22 September 1922.
They had three children:Margaret Jane (Peggy) born 1952
Paul Stewart born 1955
Patricia Leigh born 1958
All three of them married. Peggy has two children, Paul has four, and Pat has two. One of Paul's is married and has two children, and both of Pat's are married.
Helen married Andrew Gerald Yeadon in 1949 I believe.
Gerry was born 2 June 1927, and died 8 February 2006
They had two children:
Nancy born 1950
Cynthia born 1954
Both daughters married. Nancy and Cindy both have a son and a daughter. Both of Nancy's children are married, and her daughter has a son and a daughter.
Details are sketchy to protect the living. My brother, sister and cousins are welcome to ask me for more details. Soon, I shall tell you a little bit about Al and Miles, our Gram and Gramp. They never wanted to be called Mom and Dad, so they were always Al and Miles or Gram and Gramp. Moms and Dads are old, and Alice never, ever wanted to be old.
Remember
by Josh Groban


No comments:
Post a Comment