Saturday, 7 May 2011

A Sister for Donald

It was different back in the 20's. Baby bumps were hidden under large smocks. Gram and Gramp did not prepare young Donald for the upcoming change in their household routine. He had no idea. He was six years old. Grade one. King of the castle. Or at least the prince.


Helen Frances Moore

He came home after school and a neighbor met him at the door. "Shhhh," with her finger to her lips, she cautioned him. "Come and see." He went up to his mother's bedroom and there was a little wee sister. Quite noisy, for such a little thing. Did he like her right then? I don't know. I imagine he was rather confused by this startling event. He probably took to the woods.

Move over, Prince Donald. Princess Helen has arrived!


Miles, Helen and Donald Moore

The second photo is very pixilated. I need to find the original and scan it.
Look for the eels next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment